Saturday, July 9, 2011

John 6

A few days ago, we met a man named Poom. While he may think otherwise, he is a young man who spoke a lot of wisdom to us in such a short time.

One thing he briefly mentioned has stuck in my head and on my heart as if God had stapled it there. He talked about the hero from John 6. As I sat there being stubborn and wanting to remember John 6 on my own, I couldn't think of any hero besides Jesus (hah). Poom later explained that the hero is the boy with the five loaves of bread and two fish.

My mind was blown. Thinking back on all the times I've read through that particular passage, I unfortunately remember the miracle that took place there but not the boy. It's amazing to think of all the times I've read the bible focusing only on Jesus and the miracles that happen and missing a big name.

Sometimes heroes are overlooked. Sometimes they come in the form of a person without a name. This boy...no one knows who he is. He was there at the right place and the right time. Isn't that what God does for us? He places us exactly where we need to be just in time to work for his glory. Heroes will come in the most unlikely individuals and it's not bad for us as his children to dream of being a hero. Just like that little boy on that fateful day, we will be at the right place just in time to feed the five thousand.

---------

On a lighter note, I survived crossing my first street in Asia with fierce taxi drivers and motorcyclists speeding towards us a couple days ago. Quite exciting to say the least!

Also, no food poisoning for me. Praise the Lord.

Praise on,

Michael Fukuda

No comments:

Post a Comment